Gastric Sleeve, also known as laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy or sleeve gastrectomy, restricts the amount of food that the stomach can hold at a time and it is performed through removal of a portion of stomach which is around %85 of total. Remaining part in tube-like structure is sutured and there is no change in absorption of calories and nutrients in the intestines. The procedure is minimally invasive and closed as it is a laparoscopic surgery in which smallest incisions are made around your belly and a slender tool with a tiny camera and light is being inserted into your stomach and everything is screened on a monitor while following the surgical steps that is planned beforehand. So thanks to this advance technique with least scarring.
The idea behind that is patients feel much fuller after eating much less, and it produces a hormone for a prolonged sense of fullness and that directly changes your eating habits and life style correspondingly.
Long term weight loss can highly be variable beyond 1–year post procedure and requires close post-surgery follow-up for high quality results with highest satisfaction rate.
Most people are and has been wondering what treatment would be best fitted into their expectation and what the pros and cons are over gastric banding which is no longer demanded or considered cutting-edge.
- Surgery duration: 30 to 45 Min.
- Total stay: 6 nights
- Anaesthesia: General anaesthetic
- Recovery time: Up to 3-4 weeks
- Side effects: Nausea, abdominal bloating, inflammation, vomiting
- Scars: Small incisions
- Medications: Gastroprotective medicines
- Rest: One week
- Superior weigh loss at a certain period of time and much faster
- No banding or foreign substance is inserted into stomach
- No slippage or erosion correspondingly
- Much lower surgical risk
- 3 nights of hospital stay under supervision,
- Most patients go back to their daily routine within one week.
- One-month nutrition plan will be provided and we will be closely following up with you to monitor your progress and advice you further
- Mild physical exercise like walking is recommended(You will be provided a brochure with a series of instructions)
We believe gastric sleeve surgery is ideal for patients who suffer from vitamin-mineral deficiencies as it is a reason to avoid bypass surgery, or if you have a past abdominal surgery story you may consider about gastric sleeve surgery for sure. However, it is always the best to get professional opinion for a broader scaled treatment plan with best possible progression on weight loss in compliance with your current state of health.